Make Pinterest-worthy packages with this simple folding how-to that shows you how easy it is to wrap the perfect present.
What You’ll Need:
- Gift wrap
- Gift box (optional)
- Double-sided tape
- Unroll your wrapping paper on a large, flat surface.
2. Place the largest side of your gift or gift box face down on the wrapping paper & ensure length of paper exceeds length of each side of the gift by 2-3 inches.
3. Use ruler or straight edge and pencil to mark all cutting lines.
4. Place box near the edge of the wrapping paper & lift the edge of paper and wrap it around the longest side of the box. Tape down.
Pro-Tip: Use double-sided tape for a professional look.
5. Lift opposite side of the paper over until it meets the corner covered in step. Mark the paper where it meets the edge of the box and fold the paper over.
Pro-Tip: The fold of the paper and edge of the box should line up perfectly.
6. Pick an end of the gift and tuck the wrapping paper toward the middle of the uncovered side. Repeat with other side.
7. Box corners should be covered. You will have two flaps remaining. Pick a flap and fold it down. If flap is longer than the side of the box, carefully fold the tip to match up with the edge of the box and tape it down. Repeat with second flap.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 with the opposite side of the gift.
9. Finally, use your thumb and index finger to pinch the edge of the box. This will create sharp, professional corners.
10. Place your beautifully wrapped gift under your tree!